Life & Death

>> Saturday, June 9, 2012


What an odd juxtaposition.  It was the day of my friend's funeral, the friend I wrote about in my last post.  A part of me demanded that I be there for the funeral but alas I could not.  I was on call.  My last ob/gyn call.  The least I could do was ask my dad to go in my stead.

And on my last ob/gyn call, I delivered and caught two babies.  One of them was to a woman I had seen in clinic almost weekly for the last 3-4 weeks, so she knew me well and was more than comfortable with me delivering her son.

What an odd juxtaposition.  A good friend leaves the world as two little babies enter the world.  Life and death always engaged in a dance.

Backlog: 05-08-12

0 comments:

About This Blog

Welcome to my running commentary on my life and about life. This is my space to express my opinions, thoughts, and reflections. This blog is but a small window into the workings of my mind.

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP